Commandments spoken by Jesus that should define what the church should be:
- A new commandment I give you…that you love one another.
- Go and do likewise – not just Do likewise, but Go and do likewise!
- Do this in remembrance of me.
- Do not be afraid.
- Give to Caesar that which is Caesar’s and to God that which is God’s.
Because of these commandments:
- We are to be a place and community of love, forgiveness and healing/restoration.
- We are given life through the eucharistic gathering.
- We are to go out of ourselves and do the work of Christ.
- We are to be fearless.
Only the outline of my sermon today is presented here. The audio file contains the sermon.